Blocked WaterTank pipe (with Pink Isulating material)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
The cold water was coming dirty in cold tapes so I tried to clean the Water Tank in Loft(where the main Water supply goes and then it is distributed to all COLD tapes only) which was uncovered and was full of plastic (which supposed to cover it) and rubbish was all over.

I noticed that on the bottom of the Tank was also full of the Insulating Material (Pink ONe). When I was draining the Tank the insulating material fibres went through the main distributing pipe. in result there is not water coming to Cold tapes even I filled up the Tank.

HELP!
I do not know what to do. How to unblock the Pipe which has the Pink One insulating material??

Thanks in Advance.

Charlie

Sponsored Links
I can't see this being a diy job as the pipes may need dismantling to clear the material. :(

Think you will need to speak to a plumber

Cometomama said:
Hi all
The cold water was coming dirty in cold tapes so I tried to clean the Water Tank in Loft(where the main Water supply goes and then it is distributed to all COLD tapes only) which was uncovered and was full of plastic (which supposed to cover it) and rubbish was all over.

I had to deal with a similar problem, glass fibre insulation material in the cold water storage tank.

In that case, the fibres had collected at the service valves (reduced-bore) fitted before each outlet. I drained the tank, removed the valves, cleaned and replaced them. If that hadn't resolved it, I was planning to connect a mains hose and backflushed the pipes into the empty tank.

You need a proper lid for the tank; in my case I needed to get a new tank because the tank wasn't made any more the makers advised that the tanks stretched when full so that, even if I found a lid, it probably wouldn't fit.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys you are real life savers
I am still working on it. Had to got to work too :(

The kitchen sink tape is connected diret to the main.

Until now.
what I did was (bought a hose in B&Q, I did not have any LOL) Emptied the Tank, by sucking it through Hose pipe to the bath.
I do not have any Garden tape DAMN and the I got 4 connector with hose which won't fix on my Kitchen sink Tape.
I will go tomorrow to see if B&Q have any sink tape connetor and Bathroom sink tape connector so I can like you sugested Connect the Main Kitchen Tape Cold water to Bathroom Cold tape and it should open the blockage ( backflush).

Stay tuned.
Would not mind if any body could suggest where to buy the tape connector if I could not find it in B&Q.

Thanks for now.

Slugbabydotcom said:
You poor thing no wonder you have problems

Not only is your water system gay but all of your TAPS are on E

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sorry I couldnt make it to the crux of your problems but I couldnt stop laughing
Not everyone is great at spelling Sbdc; it's beneath you to poke fun.

Softus said:
Slugbabydotcom said:
You poor thing no wonder you have problems

Not only is your water system gay but all of your TAPS are on E

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sorry I couldnt make it to the crux of your problems but I couldnt stop laughing
Not everyone is great at spelling Sbdc; it's beneath you to poke fun.

You and I obviously have a different sense of Humour™

Slugbabydotcom said:
You and I obviously have a different sense of Humour™
I take your point, but it's one thing to poke fun at someone who's a supercilious hypocritical arse, and a very different thing (and one of questionable moral justification) to do so when someone is simply a bit poor at spelling and grammar.

FWIW I was LOL at the twist I put on it rather than the topic posters inability to spell.
If grammatical content was my real issue I would have referred the poster to dictionary.com or advised about the spellcheck feature.

Slugbabydotcom said:
FWIW I was LOL at the twist I put on it rather than the topic posters inability to spell.
If grammatical content was my real issue I would have referred the poster to dictionary.com or advised about the spellcheck feature.
OK Mr FWIW :) FYI EYUSCTITCS (Even you use Spell Check TAPE is the correct spelling)

LOL guys.
Thanks for picking on me. lesson learned.
By the way I meant TAP if you have missed it :)
Look I am not from Oxford or Cambridge. I myself ignore these mistakes and concentrate on person's real point of communication.

To the original matter now.

Well it is sorted now but Believe me it was a nightmare.

I backflushed the pipe from the Kitchen TAP (KT) to Bathroom sink (upstairs) and made sure the water made their way to the TANK.
Loads a rubbish came out to the tank.
Our house is End Terrace, and the Tank is in corner with not much space around and I could not even move my head but still managed to clean the TANK [while cursing my luck] ;)) .
Filled the tank and checked the water but only the Bathroom tap was working.
And thats when the rubbish seesaw started.
I closed the main supply from tank as it was clear. and tried the combinations to flush all three taps, Bathroom sink (BS) , BathTub (BT), Extra WC sink (WC) I removed the filters from all three taps and a lot of rubbish came out there too but it would go to each other direction to block that one while i was backflushing the rest two.

Combinations
KT---------->BS------->BT
KT---------->BS------->WC
KT---------->WC------->BS
KT---------->WC------>BT
KT---------->BT------->WC
KT---------->BT------>BS
for some combo i opened the tank supply too to push the dirt down in case it was going up that way while turing off the KT.

Well anyway at the end all of them were clean but the TOILETS TANKS were blocked. I had to open the tank and open the stoppers and all the rubbish was blocking the waterflow. cleaned it, flushed it and all back to normal now.

Now I have clean tank, bubble wrapped :) and new hose with connectors.

All cost was
Hose 15M with connectors= £7
2 X yellow Tap connector= £10
total £17

was not very bad experience as I knew what to do. Thank to all you guys here.

thanks and WILL bother you again in future.

I am glad that some of have been able to help.

That kind of problem can sometimes be difficult for a professional.

One difficult case where I sent an engineer beat him within the one hour time slot and my friend went later and allocated a whole afternoon.

He discovered that a mouse had become sucked into the outlet pipe from the cistern and had blocked an isolation valve.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back