Bloody birds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've had birds nesting in our front gutter in previous years, but this year it sounds like they are getting behind the fascia, possibly through the small gap between the roof tile & plastic fascia top.

Today I could hear them scuttling around, and then I heard something fall and smash. Sounded like a roof tile or something breaking, but had a look and couldn't se anything on the driveway, or any missing roof tiles. No idea what the sound was!

Is there something cheap & easy to stop birds doing this? I'm worried they are going to dislodge something and damage the cars below.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Google 'Bird Comb Roof Eaves Filler'. We used it and it stopped the bloody starlings getting under the tiles.

Hey Mottie, I thought you were a bird lover?

Andy
I am. But they used to get in the soffits and you'd hear them scuttling up and down at 4.00 in the morning. I fitted the bird comb filler………and they all went round to Kenny's place. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Any idea what the smash sound might have been, as I couldn't find any debris. Could the birds have dislodged something in the wall cavity?

Yeah, so I went up in the loft and saw a one of the birds running along the soffit box, along with a load of debris from where they were building a nest I guess. I'll leave them for now.

Still not sure what the smash noise was, all I can think was maybe a bit of mortar they knocked off, and fell down in wall cavity. Or in the gutter, and fell down the downpipe right near where they were getting in.

Birds will return to their place of birth when they grow up and ready to reproduce. It's something you have to consider.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back