Blown vinyl causing rising damp symptoms?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently moved into 1930 house. Surveyor indicated areas of damp. There are some visible patches at base of internal walls. They've not got worse in this very wet winter. No mould. I've dry scrapped off a sample of paper, the glue was sticky. The now bare plaster wall now seems fine and dry.
Interestingly the paper I have taken off is damp several days later.
Could the paper be causing the damp problem? Wondered why it would only be in patches at the base of walls if the glue and paper are drawing moisture in.
Interested to understand what's happening.
Def don't want to be persuaded into an injected DPC which I'm convinced isn't needed. Your responses greatfully received.

Sponsored Links
No chance the paper could be causing the damp. Its just paper stuck on the inside surface which should be dry anyway.
If the surface is now dry give it a coat of stabilising solution and let it dry before any further decoration. The paper could have been damp due to condensation or trapped air behind curtains, furniture etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back