Blu tac marks on wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping to repaint daughters bedroom walls but the are blutac marks on walls. Can I just paint over them or will they need some treatment. Any advice??

Sponsored Links
Blue tack marks will bleed straight through an emulsion, i spot prime with zinsser bin aerosol

As dcdec says but I would go for Zinsser Bullseye 123 as BIN while brilliant stuff is known for "flashing" or showing through the paint finish.

Sponsored Links
Or a can of spray primer from the £1 shop.

What base is the £1 shop primer Joe?

I think bin works by absorbing the stain and holding it, might be worth spot priming with emulsion before two full coats as i've heard about the flashing problem too, very handy coming in an aerosol, coverstain would work as well and that comes in a can also.

Get a bigger bit of blue tac, use that to rub on the walls and it will help take off 98% of the stuff.

You still need to stain block, but the less residual there is the less chance of problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back