BLUE PALLETS CHEP

I work for a company that uses the blue chep pallets, a weekly audit is done to determine how many we have I seem to recall £10 a pallet mentioned.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
the best thing to do is contact CHEP directly and they will come and collect the pallets for you. Its best to contact their central number rather than an individual, as then we simply send the nearest recovery truck frokm one of our 17 service centres, or we contact one of our 3rd party logistics providers to collect on our behalf. CALL: UK: 0800 515320

CHEP Equipment is only ever hired, never sold. It cannot legally be bought, modified, sold, exchanged for non CHEP equipment, or otherwise disposed of. If you do so, you are unfortunately breaking the law. Each CHEP pallet is stamped with the logo and legal title "Property of CHEP". If an old pallet it may be hard to read but if its blue - then its CHEP's and you should call their collection helpline as above.

Thanks, Rachel.

P.s please don't contact me about pallets - I dont want them but CHEP does so give them a call on 0800 515320! They will unfortunately not pay you for them as they are already CHEP's property. If they have somehow fallen into your hands or you have unwittingly bought them, then legal title still stands with CHEP.

CHEP continues to work closely with police forces from all over the UK & Ireland resulting in several successful prosecutions for theft, handling stolen goods and criminal damage. If you suspect an individual or company of using CHEP equipment illegally please call the CHEP Asset Protection Hotline to ascertain if the equipment is being handled
legally.

@ Steve:

Pallet hire is a very lucrative business. If you go to your supermarket you will see all the big (and small) brands are stood on a sturdy wooden pallet, usually a blue CHEP one.

We send them from our service centres (we're a global operation so have them everywhere) to the manufacturer's site. Thats when the hire starts. They then send the pallets to the retailer, they use our online system to tell us how many pallets they have sent, and to where, and then CHEP collects them from the retailers yard. All very straightforward - and life would be very different if manufacturers couldn't get their products to market in such a standardised and organised fashion.

Of course there are losses in the supply chain, but CHEP and other pallet hire companies have a very effective collection engine in that we record the whereabouts of all our pallets, and we work closely with all the retailers, distributers, wholesalers and fresh produce markets to ensure they are collected and returned to the pool.

Hope that makes it all clear for those of you who thought it was just the business of tinkers! Its a $4 billion business :)

Sponsored Links
CHEP Equipment is only ever hired, never sold. It cannot legally be bought, modified, sold, exchanged or otherwise disposed of. If you do so, you are unfortunately breaking the law.

Nothing in there about burning them on your BBQ. It's good quality wood, burns well, and there's no evidence left when you've finished. :cool:

Hi Graham,

I have 5 chep pallets in Watford can you help, I get about 25 a year

Thanks
Darrin
- - - - - - -

Sponsored Links
Back