boiler CH Stat knackered?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We’ve got a Worcester Bosch heatslave oil boiler, and I think its heating thermostat is a bit knackered.

In the past we’ve hardly ever had to set the boilers heating control higher than 1 or 2 as the house doesn’t get that cold, but lately we find we’ve got to keep turning the heating control up quite a long way before it click’s on, usually to around 3. The boiler then fires and works ok and gets up to the temperature set on our room stat, but sometimes it stops before the room stats set temperature and you have to move the temperature control up even higher before it clicks on again. Today it didn’t even click on when I set it to its maximum setting. Also the control knob does seem a bit stiff to turn, certainly when compared to the water control.

By my description do you think that the likely fault?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back