Boiler check...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Got a problem someone might be able to help me with...

Have got a Glow Worm boiler, which has been working fine since i moved into a new flat (rented.) But the pilot light has gone out, I've followed instructions to relight - which works. But the light does not stay lit for very long, and am continually relighting.

I have tried to get hold of landlord to sort it out, but he's away for 2 wks, don't fancy having cold showers 4 two weeks. And British gas won't send out anyone without the landlords authorisation.

So I'm kinda hoping there's a straightforward answer, rather than having to pay for it myself and maybe getting the money back?

Any ideas much appreciated,

K

Sponsored Links
Probably the thermocouple or perhaps some debris on the pilot injector but it is your landlords job to get it sorted.
If he doesnt then contact the council and tell them the problems you are having. If the landlord doesnt act in a reasonable time you are entiotled to get it sorted yourself and get him to pay the bill

Thanks Slugbabydotcom.

I guess it's just typical that he's away for another 1 1/2 weeks...I'll give the council a call and see how long before i can get something done and charge it to him.

Thanks for the help,

K

Sponsored Links
Speaking as a landlord myself I would not have a problem with you getting a job such as this done yourself under the circumstances so long as the bill wasn't excessive. Hopefully your landlord will see it the same way.
Suggest you try corgi website for 3 local corgi guys and ask them roughly how much they will charge if you have to go down that road.
When your landlord gets back discuss with him what to do if situations arise such as this in future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back