Biasi 24s boiler help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, newbie here!

Basically I've just moved in and it seems our boiler turns on and works with all the relevant noises, however sporadically the pilot light doesn't turn on with the timer - hence no heating, but the normal noise of the boiler appears.

Further to this, if the pilot light comes on and the heating works, it generally turns off after 5 to 10 mins or so which means I have to relight it using the diddly little switch which surely can't be right?

Any ideas?

The landlord has got British gas boiler cover - would this cover the problem?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes normally BG cover is for your Boiler

RAC or AA even Green flag is for your car :D :D

It would be good idea to have a word with your landlord to get the boiler sorted out for you

Haha I know the difference but the reason I asked is if it was something simple or if it was the thermostat?

Landlord says speak to bg boiler cover, but don't want to be hit by a massive fallout charge if it's something simple - or would the cover thermostat too?

Thanks

It's not your boiler and the landlord has asked you to call BG ,how are you going to be hit with any bill?

Sponsored Links
The AA do both cars and boilers!

Central Heating Response Plus

Cover for emergencies where you have no hot water and/or heating PLUS cover for routine heating repairs, e.g. fixing a faulty radiator. Also includes a boiler service.

£13.49 a month, for a year

or £161.88 a year

Choose an excess (payable per call-out)
£0 £50 £99
Close

Select

What's covered?

What's not covered?

Cover for central heating emergencies and repairs
Gas boiler or central heating breakdowns where you have no hot water and/or heating
Common heating repairs, like a the boiler not always coming on when it should
Unlimited call-outs for heating emergencies and repairs
Boiler inspection and service by a Gas Safe engineer

We'll inspect your boiler and central heating system within 42 days of your policy start date to make sure they are in good working order and we can support them.

If we find problems at the initial inspection these will need to be fixed so we can support your system. We'll provide a quote for this work, or you can get this done by your own engineer.
Money towards a new gas boiler if yours is beyond repair: ◦Up to £500 if your boiler is less than 7 years old
◦Up to £250 if your boiler is more than 7 years old

What do we mean by 'beyond repair'?
A boiler is beyond repair if the cost to repair it is more than the boiler is worth, based on its age and condition, or where spare parts are not readily available.

What gas boilers are covered?
Any gas boiler with an output of up to 70kw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back