Help! Biasi 24s combi boiler 1998 Problem! Not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i have a Biasi 24s combi boiler and it is not firing up and heating my water or radiators. Can anyone give me any instructions of what to do to srt this out please?
Here is the scenario:

- The system was working until this morning when i woke up, and was in timer mode. Up to this point radiators came on and water would heat up when you turn on the hot tap.

- I turned whole unit off for 5 mins and back on again, but still not working.

- I turned the isolator switch (screw) to increase bar pressure from 1 to 2.5 (and thought best to stop there),- made no difference.

- Put the unit into continuous (non-timer) mode, and unit makes the usual whirring noise, but pilot light not firing up in small window. Heating not coming on; water freezing cold.

- Small green light is on as usual.

- The red light (next to manual start/reset button) is off-as it has been when it was working, so i assume this is correct.

- Main gas supply is on (checked by turning on cooker hobs and they ignite)

Any ideas would be most welcome,

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
It might be the overheat stat has tripped as a result of overheating. Push to reset just above and to left of pressure gauge under black cap with a slot.

If it was that then it will probably trip again and the cause of overheating needs to be determined.

If its not that then its likely to be gas related which needs a competent engineer.

Tony Glazier

thanks Tony for your last advice. l have a faulty diverter value and it was also not lighting up as well. l have reset the button and now lighting up but still not CH.
Fault: would only get HW running when switch CH on ---> now no CH and just HW.
I have noticed one of the diverter value is stuck (one coming out of right hand side)... Can l change the value myself or get an engineer? I can, what would be the process? is there a website l check for this. thanks in advance and l hope you are still online to answer (5 years later)

Still alive!

If its giving CH but not DHW then its a diverter valve or valve switch fault.

But to access it needs removing the gas valve and so not a DIY job.

You need an engineer who is familiar with repairing boilers including this one.

It is quite repairable and all parts are still available so does NOT need to be replaced.

Tony

Sponsored Links
thanks Tony. That was me trying to call you. What kind of quote should l be looking at to change the valves and switches? Switches are £2.50 each and diverter kits £45

It all depends on exactly what is wrong in any particular case.

I usually quote £127 inclusive assuming that as a minimum the DHW diaphragm, DHW switch, clip, case, gland and a couple of internal parts will need to be changed.

That also includes a basic service check.

Tony

Tony appears to know more about these boilers than Biasi themselves. £127 well spent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back