Biasi 24s, problem with dhw firing on and off when in use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I av a Biasi 24s and when the dhw is turned on the boiler fires on and off not letting the water get up to full temp, but when I was avin a check round I found when the sealed unit front cover was off it worked perfect

Sponsored Links
if the boiler is firing without the combustion chamber fitted , its either a flue problem , not getting enough air , blocked /restricted, an A.P.S, or most likely a fan problem, I assume it does the same on C/H

Transam neeeds to read the forum rules which say that advice should not be given to DIYers on gas work.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The "rule" that safety-critical advice is only given to RGI's ( in the CC), is a voluntary agreement to avoid diy-ers and illegals gaining partial knowledge that could compromise safety.

IS DIY GAS LEGAL?

Diy gas work is not illegal, BUT, the law does require that only competent people may work on gas appliances.

The Gas Safety Regs 1998 states LINK

Quote:
No person shall carry out any work in relation to a gas fitting or storage vessel unless he is competent.

The Health and Safety Executive states
Quote:
DIY Gas is strongly discouraged and the use of a registered gas installer is always advised.

If you can prove competence, you are allowed legally to diy gas in your own home. This does not however, apply to doing gas work for family and friends even if for free!!

Competence is only proven by passing ACS exams and having the ability to carry out certain safety tests required by law .

Please note if you ignore this advice:

1) If you are found working illegally, (not gas competent), you are breaking the law and the H.S.E. take a dim view.

2 ) You will be putting your family at risk of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

3) Your insurance co is likely to reject any claims being caused by DIY gas work.

This site does not support DIY gas.

Posts giving advice on gas work may be deleted.

Well the rules are made by Henry!

The Posting I copied is made by Henry!

So whether its a rule with a number, a rule without a number or just an edict then to me thay are all something which henry expects to obey!

The RGI voluntary agreement only applies to those who agreed! Many did not and even more are not registered to be a party to the discussion.

Tony

It's amazing how gas engineers argue with each other constant on this forum :)

That is what the forum is for: exchanging ideas. everybody agreeing with everything is very kind and civivlised, but it doesn't achieve anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back