Biasi M90D.24S no DHW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The DHW has stopped working on my Biasi M90D.24S boiler.

The boiler fires up and the CH works OK, but when I use the taps, the water runs tepid then goes cold - no hot at all.

Any pointers? It would be helpful to know what I'd dealing with before I call out an engineer.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The only 24S I can find has a diverter valve and diaphragm. If this is the one you have, I would suggest the diaphragm has perished or holed.

Take the front panel off and look towards the back and just right of centre. The little black box has a red led on it, does it light up when you turn on the hot tap?

So is this the 24S that is an Ideal Mini?

I can't keep up with all these ridiculous number/names Biasi give their boilers :rolleyes:

Edit: found it in my file as the Riva, so yes it is. :mad:

Sponsored Links
I can't see an LED anywhere when I lift the front cover. If there is one, I can't see it light up when the hot tap is turned on...

Its behind and to the left of the pump. Should glow when a hot tap is turned on.

In that case pull the black plastic bit forward a few mm and it should light the LED and allow you to have hot water if it will stay in the position.

The magnetic shuttle is jammed.

Just sometimes they can be very difficult to take out.

As the gas valve needs to be removed to take it out then it needs a gas registered engineer.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back