Biasi 24S

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any help, the biasi 24S boiler does not work DHW or CH, the only part is going the pump only, there is no 240V on the fan, what could it be?

Sponsored Links
Expensive !!!
Is this the model with 3 lights on left hand side, if so what are they doing?

Expensive !!!

No, its the earlier one.

I expect the overheat stat has tripped.

Push red button under black cap mear red light!

Will still need the cause of the overheat to be fixed though.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Expensive !!!

No, its the earlier one.

I expect the overheat stat has tripped.

Push red button under black cap mear red light!

Will still need the cause of the overheat to be fixed though.

Tony

over heat stat OK, according to Biasi and after some voltage checking is the ignition box on the gas valve, still hasn't been replace waiting for it.

That would be rather unusual!

Are you quite sure that 240 is being applied to the input of the ignition PCB? ( You measure it on the output from the main PCB! Thats IF the o/h stat is not tripped or o/c ! ).

Tony

That would be rather unusual!

Are you quite sure that 240 is being applied to the input of the ignition PCB? ( You measure it on the output from the main PCB! Thats IF the o/h stat is not tripped or o/c ! ).

Tony
that is what biasi tech told me, anyway, looking at the main PCB there is two connectors to the right, the first one where the mains in the second one there are 4 wires Br/Bl Bl/Br there is 240V between the two Bl, the o/h is close circuit and the APS is ok, so he told me the Black/Red ignition box, what do you think? (Br : Brown & Bl : Blue) I'm sure you know that.

No one at Biasi has visited your boiler!

From memory, on the main pcb left connector, the two right wires are blue and brown and should have 240v on them when heat is demanded !

You can check on the interconnection schematic in the downloadable service manual that these are indeed the wires supplying power to the ignition pcb if you like.

Be aware that when you call a manufacturer you are usually talking to someone who has never fixed a boiler themselves.

A local advert for Potterton read " tech help assistant no experience necessary "!

Tony

No one at Biasi has visited your boiler!

From memory, on the main pcb left connector, the two right wires are blue and brown and should have 240v on them when heat is demanded !

You can check on the interconnection schematic in the downloadable service manual that these are indeed the wires supplying power to the ignition pcb if you like.

Be aware that when you call a manufacturer you are usually talking to someone who has never fixed a boiler themselves.

A local advert for Potterton read " tech help assistant no experience necessary "!

Tony

yes there is 240V on the two wires for the ignition pcb

yes there is 240V on the two wires for the ignition pcb

In that case if the o/h stat is OK and mice have not chewed the wiring...

The ign circuit should start the fan next, but that is not happening in your case.

It is possible that the ignition circuit is faulty but thats fairly rare!

Its much more likely to be the fan itself or the APS but as you are not CORGI registered I cannot give you further advice apart from calling a competent qualified engineer.

Its not the way to repair boilers but before you call him you could start the boiler and immediately tap it sharply on the top surface at the front right corner a few times with a larger screwdriver!

If that does not make it work, then you could risk a lot of money on the ign pcb and see if thats the fault. But if not you will have wasted nearly £100 without solving the problem.

I would of course advise a competent CORGI, but then I would wouldn't I ! You might still end up with someone who cannot diagnose faults and changes the ign pcb anyway but in that case if it didn't solve it you should not be expected to pay for it as he had diagnosed the problem wrongly.

Best of luck.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back