Boiler condenser waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys,

Just to want to confirm I’ve got this right. I’ve drilled the whole through the wall and run the waste pipe for the kitchen sink, 40mm. I’ve put a T section on and added the boiler condenser pipe to it. 21.5mm up to 40mm waste. Is this set up okay? I’m wondering if, for some reason the exit of the waste blocked that it would back up the boiler condenser.

Thanks in advance

James

Sponsored Links
I must ask the question, If you are qualified to install boiler condensate pipe which is essentially part of the flue system, why are you asking such a basic question. Are you a qualified installer?

I had the boiler installed before the kitchen was installed by a gas safe engineer. The boiler condenser pipe was run down to the floor and told to hook up to the waste once the kitchen was installed. The kitchen was fitted many months later. Is the condenser waste a gas safety aspect?

If the condensate trap is empty of water for whatever reason then products of combustion will travel along that pipe. A poorly installed condensate will allow these products to enter a room. I know we are talking about a slight chance, but in my view it should be installed by a professional to be 100% sure.

Sponsored Links
Okay, I see exactly what your saying. I didn't realize that the pipe carried anything other than water vapor, but considering it comes through the chamber it makes sense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back