Boiler controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
British Gas did a boiler swap for my mother and modified the pipework in the airing cupboard .The old system had no tank stat.
Looking at what they've done there is still no tank stat but a frost stat on the boiler in the utility room and a stat on what I assume to be the return pipe to the bolier set at 22degrees C .
I assume they've done this to avoid putting in extra wires but surely it's wrong ?
Hot water must heat up until the return pipe near the boiler reaches the cut out temperature and presumably will cycle on and off
I'm thinking of getting BG back to explain how they think it works efficiently and safely

Sponsored Links
Can you tell me what regs so I can tell British Gas to come back and fix it .
Seems to me there's a chance of scalding from the hot water if there's no tank stat and it must be wasting gas

Friend of mine paid BG £2K more than another firm quoted thinking he'd get a better job done .Sadly not the case

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back