Boiler doesn't stay on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Over the last few weeks my boiler has been shutting off (both with the CH and HW) and the lights have stated that there is a fault with the air pressure switch.

A H/E friend has told me to buy a new switch and he fitted it for me this morning. He checked it after fitting it and it was working fine.

About 5 min after he left it shut down in the same way as before with the same fault lights coming on.

He did it for me for free and is really busy, so I feel cheeky asking him to come back.

Is there anything else that could be causing this, maybe something he has forgot to do as he was in a rush or could it be another faulty part?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
We don't give DIY advice on gas/combustion issues on this forum.

Getting "friends" to do repairs is not good advice because you have no comeback when they mess it up.

The advice is to get a proper boiler engineer who will take responsibility for his work!

Tony

Ok, I understand Tony.

I managed to sort it.

I was told to check the condensate trap as it can cause problems and send error codes similar to an air pressure switch. I did and it was full of grey grit. I cleared it out and it is now working fine.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back