Boiler flue help needed please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an Ideal Classic boiler. The boiler flue goes straight out the top then straight out the back of the boiler through the wall. Is it possible to put a 90 degree fitting on the other side of the wall, then put a 1 metre extension so it will vent out the right hand side as such? So I can use the area behind the boiler for storage and not have to worry about the fumes.
Any help much appreciated by a new forum member.
Regards Daz.

Sponsored Links
if your talking about having an extension outside then it can't be done. You can't have SE boilers with external flue runs

I intend to get a gas safe engineer to do this for me. I was just checking to see if it was possible before I pay someone to say it can't be done.
How about if it came out the top of the boiler into a 90 degree bend then ran along above the kitchen wall units then out of the right hand wall on the inside? If that makes sense.
Regards Daz.

Sponsored Links
yeh you could do that if its within the maximum flue length permitted by the manufacturer, but I doubt you'd get any flue fittings for that boiler now, probably all obsolette.

I intend to get a gas safe engineer to do this for me. I was just checking to see if it was possible before I pay someone to say it can't be done.

Regards Daz.

Most of the people we see on the forum saying that are really intending to do it themselves.

Most engineers would be able to advise you over the telephone if you described what was needed. Or after looking at photos emailed to them.

There will be a difficulty in getting parts from the usual suppliers but there may be some around if only you could access them.

Tony

Flue components should be avialable as pretty certain the present classic still uses the same system .
Flue can actually exit the side off boiler to save you having to come out top and then elbow but your gas guy can advice if that is possible

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back