boiler/ heating system recommedations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I will be replacing my old floor mounted boiler(Baxi FS601RS) with a new boiler. The boiler heats up a hot water cylinder, and I have two water tanks in the attic. I like this system; its prob 20 years old, and I've had no probs with it since I moved in 9 years ago. I don't mind the hot water cylinder taking space in the airing cupboard either. I'm so used to having a shower that trickles out water, I'm not particular fussed about that either.

The house is a 3 bed semi with 8 rads, 1 bathroom with basic shower attachment. Currently we are two adults and one young child.

I've had one plumber inspect my system, he measured the pressure (4 bar) and flowrate (9 ltr/min). Gas feed is 15mm pipe from metre

I thinking of doing a loft conversion in next 5 years, so with a loft conversion there would be an extra toilet/shower and 1 or 2 rads. What would be a good boiler (viesmanns gets good rating on this forum) and type of system (combi/system/megaflow/accumalators etc) to cater for this. I assume that it has to be a combi (to free up space in attic), but not sure if there are other options.

Very grateful for any suggestion/comments you have.

Sponsored Links
one other point I forgot to add is I would like a system/boiler that can provide hot water to 2-3 outlets at a time if need arises. I seem to read that some combi's may not be able to do this based on water pressure/flow rates. Can water pressure/flow rate be improved by asking water board to lay new mains feed ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back