what boiler system if low mains water pressure

Healthy budget or not, multiple pumps and coffin tanks and F&E tanks are very old school expensive to install and more stuff to go wrong, get an unvented cylinder and if you want have it heated by a combi and have some HW draw offs direct from the combi with the rest served by the unvented cylider, as you say you have a healthy budget so use some of it to get a professional to attend and give you proper advice.

Sponsored Links
My BiO installs vented systems in some of his new builds. Just depends on the situation.
It might sound old school but it delivers the goods. And very efficiently.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
My BiO installs vented systems in some of his new builds. Just depends on the situation.
It might sound old school but it delivers the goods. And very efficiently.
Just read one of your posts on this thread about 6Bar static, what exactly does that mean can you explain to me why 6 Bar static would be important ? if I had 6 Bar static in my house and my pipework was so blocked that only a pin hole size of water was allowed through I would get didly squat water at any tap but as long as I had 6 Bar static that would be fine ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back