Shower with only 24kW combi and loft conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm renovating and doing a loft conversion my house and could do with some advice on what type of shower to put up in the ensuit loft conversion.

Currently i have a 24Kw combi condensing boiler in the kitchen. By time the loft conversion is finished it will have to feed:
12x radiators
1x shower in first floor bathroom
1x shower in ensuit loft shower room

I'll be using the loft conversion, whilst renting out the other rooms on the first floor. My question is: will the boiler cope? Assuming there are 4 adults living in the house all wanting showers in the morning, will the boiler be able to feed both showers at the same time? I've been considering getting a 10.5kW electric shower for the loft to take some of the strain off the boiler, but then i don't know if there will be enough mains water pressure up in the loft for it.
Or should i try to find the money for a new boiler that will cope with all that hot water? (A Vaillant EcoTec Plus maybe with the timer)?

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
will the boiler be able to feed both showers at the same time?

No so you should fit an electric shower while you have the chance in the new conversion. If you have lots of lolly then go for a 35 kw boiler.

My choice would be to fit an electric shower downstairs and a mixer shower in the loft so that I would have the better shower to use.

Forget changing the boiler! :D

Ok. If i do that, and someone starts using the hot tap somewhere in the house I'm going to get a blast of cold water through my shower. Will a cheap thermomixer reduce that problem? Or do i need something else?

So you think the 24kW boiler will do all those rads + my loft shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back