Noisy Pipes in loft ensuite shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had a loft conversion and the rest of the house replumbed and a new worcester bosch boiler installed on the bottom floor. The middle floor shower has a mixer where you turn the handle round to activate the shower with a tap in the middle of it to regulate the temp. The same setup is in the shower in the loft ensuite. The difference is that in the loft ensuite, when you turn on the water, the pipes make a whirring sound. If i turn on the tap in the ensuite basin then the sound dissipates, i guess due to less pressure being in the pipes. Could the mixer be causing this or is it just becasue it is higher up than the middle floor shower that the water has to travel further thus more pressure? I took of the shower head and the sound is still there but not as bad.

Sponsored Links
If possible look on the pipe runs up to the shower thats making the noise for isolating valves, try regulating them.

If this isn't the case a little more information on the noise would be helpful:

Is it a whistling noise?
Water gushing noise?
Banging noise?

Hi there,

It is a water gushing noise, but quite high pitched. I haven't tried playing with the temperature setting on the mixer but it seems that the water is trying really hard to get out of the shower head, and that there is not as much pressure as i would expect.
I can't get to the pipes but i'll see if i can hear exactly where the noise is starting from.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back