Boiler Help - Potterton promax 30 HE PLUS - issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

my boiler has started to switch itself off maybe 10 minutes or so.I took the front cover off to check the diagnostics lights. Its flashing like this : FLASH - OFF -ON.

overheating lockout - The manual shows 3 possible faults.

1 - The PCB
2 - Red Thermistor
3 - Thermo Stat

I know the Thermistor and stat had been replaced before.

I got a engineer to look at it through insurance and the parts he is going to change is the pump and the ignition probes.

can these really be the issue

Sponsored Links
Still waiting for the parts to arrive - however I've noticed that if h/w and c/h are on, the radiators are not getting hot. Maybe only 1 or 2. If I just select c/h then all are hot.

Any ideas ?

So a new pump was fitted today but still no luck. Its still going into overheat lockout. Now they suggest it could be sludge in the radiator.

As I mentioned before if hw and ch is on sametime some rads are hot n sone cold. If only ch on all are hot so still sludge if all get hot.?

This is starting to get expensive if I need a flush. I have rebled all rads today and each time allowed a tiny bit of water to flow out. The water is all clear and not black etc....

I HATE THIS BOILER...... RANT OVER ......

Sponsored Links
I would ask for another firm to come out, waiting nearly a month for two parts to be fit thats not on, your guy needs to maybe concentrate on the boiler a little more quite a common reason these go to overheat lockout,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back