boiler in a bedroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We've recently moved into a studio flat which has a boiler
providing hot water and heating to the main house.
The boiler is 'ideal classic lxff & ff 250'.

is it safe to have this type of boiler in a bedroom?

thanks,
alex

Sponsored Links
Yes perfectly safe it is a room sealed boiler and takes its air to burn from outside and expels it products of combustion outside as well

Its safe but get yourself a carbon monoxide detector and place as per the instructions tell you....

you get them in B&Q....make sure its an audiable one like a smoke detector, the paper square ones are useless.

Its safe but get yourself a carbon monoxide detector and place as per the instructions tell you....

you get them in B&Q....make sure its an audiable one like a smoke detector, the paper square ones are useless.

thanks all for your replies.

we bought a CO detector (fireangel 808) which raises an alarm if average carbon monoxide concentration exceeds 30ppm (over 2 hours, if i remember correctly). however, my wife still complains she feels a bit dizzy at home for some reason.

Sponsored Links
Tell her to go to the doctors and get a blood test done and ask specifically for results of any CO in her blood. Can only tell you what i would do in that situation.

If it is a studio flat you could possibly have someone elses flue running inside your property, eg from downstairs.

Also check that there are no windows or airbricks where flue gases could be drawn in from outside. 300mm to each side is usually the minimum but it depends on the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back