Boiler Problem or controller? advice needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

First thanks for reading this.

We live in a council property and some time back they decided to fit a Y plan CH and combined hot water cylinder, that has backup immersion heating.

The boiler is an Ideal Classic LXFF & FF, the controller gear is the Honeywell smartfit system.

What we are currently getting is this the hot water is set to 42 celcius but is turning water out of the water tank at over 52 celcius, the temp sensor is inplace on the tank and runs back to the controll box so no 'visible' wiring fault.

Also the radiators are absolutelly piping hot with the boiler presure guage regularly reading 3bar, and venting occasially to the outside world.

On these point I would assume for the hot water tank the temp sensor and/or controller is at fault.

And on the radiators I would offer a guess that the expansion vessel has probably failed.

Would you agree with my guesses.

Regards and thanks
Andy

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back