Ideal Standard LXFF FF - How water but no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

i've been struggling for a week or so to get any central heating out of my Ideal Standard LXFF FF (10 years old) boiler. It will heat the hot water tank with no problems and will gently warm the radiators whilst doing so (but nowhere near the heat set on the thermostat).

I'm having to set the hot water tank thermostat low, run off most of the hot water, then turn it back up so the boiler comes on to re-heat the water , giving some heat though the radiators.

If I try to 'boost' the central heating from the control panel 'LIMIT' flashes and refuses to allow the boiler to operate.

Unfortunately I dont have a manual for the boiler and cant find one online which is driving me spare. Any help much appreciated - this is really not something I know much about - if i've missed any obvious bit of information please just shout.

Sponsored Links
motorised valve prob me thinks
do you have 1*3port or 2*2ports

Thanks for that - think I have 1x 3 port but arn't 100% certain of that - need to check...

Sponsored Links
if 1*3port it probably needs a new head(actuator), most are changable without having to drain system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back