Combi FF 280 boiler: central heating not on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ideal Classic Combi FF 280 boiler, and today I tried using the central heating for the first time since the spring. However, it didn't work. The boiler does heat up the water, but not the heating. There is a switch for HW or HW + CH, which is turned onto HW + CH (and has been all summer). There is also a red light which should be on if the CH is on, but this is off, even though the switch is turned to HW + CH. Any ideas as to how to get the heating to work?

Sponsored Links
hate to state the bleeding obvious but have you turned up the thermostat (if you have one) ;)

Yes, I turned it up and it clicked (which seems to mean that it passes the current temperature, so that the heater should come on). But nothing happened.

Any other advcie? I don't want to bother my landlord, it's probably just some swith that I can't find...

Sponsored Links
is there a clock or programmer controlling the central heating? this may be switched off

It's set so that it switches on every two hours for about 30 seconds, and has been doing this all summer. But when it goes on, it doesn't stay on to heat up the radiators.

the switching on every 2 hours is probably the pre-heat for the hot water,if there is no timer I think you are going to have to call your landlord.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back