Hot water and Central heating on at same time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have recently moved into a new house. I have a Potterton EP2002 boiler which you can program the central heating and hot water to come separately at different times.

It has been working fine until recently - now when i turn on the CH the HW heats up as well, even though the HW tab is set to off. Also vise versa, when i put HW to come on the central heating comes on.

On the tank upstairs both HW and CH lights switch on, but on the programmer downstairs only the setting which i have turned to ON lights up. Can anyone help me? I have no idea about this kind of stuff.

I have pics of my programmer downstairs and the lights on the tank upstairs in this album: //www.diynot.com/network/shoegal/albums/19792
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It could be that the motor valve is faulty!

But could also be a faulty programmer as its getting a bit old now.

Are you a tenant?

Tony

That depends on the skill of the person concerned.

In my local area I would charge £84 flat fee plus parts!

Others would charge by the hour ( and take a long time! )

Tony

Sponsored Links
thanks, my tank also has a 'manual override switch' which has 'Auto' or 'Mid' positions. it is currently set to auto , could this be causing any problems? i am sure i have never moved the position but it may have been knocked in the past

You need to consult a professional if you are not able to follow and test electrical circuits. The programmer could be faulty or the diverter valve could be stuck (probably more likely)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back