Boiler kettling? Banging pipes etc

It is worth giving system a chemical clean. For £15 you can buy a litre of Sentinel X400 and let it circulate for 4 weeks before you drain it out, rinse, and add inhibitor. It is nopt time critical so you can do it at your leisure, but after 4 weeks it starts to lose its power.

If your system is an old open vented one, it will usually have a lot of black sediment in it, and this is one of the things that clogs pumps and wears them out.

Thanks, I guess now is the time to do it before winter comes around again!

Sponsored Links
you can let the heating circulate round the rads, but with the boiler stat turned down to save gas

You may think its time to do it now!

But I would say that you should wait until the weather turns cold and the heating is required.

The desludgers work best when circulated warm for many hours a day as in normal heating use.

Why waste gas heating a property now!

If there was really a reason for doing it now then use X800 and just run the heating for about six hours. That would be a total waste of gas though.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I would say that you should wait until the weather turns cold and the heating is required.

The desludgers work best when circulated warm for many hours a day as in normal heating use.

Why waste gas heating a property now!

If there was really a reason for doing it now then use X800 and just run the heating for about six hours. That would be a total waste of gas though.

Thanks Tony, being a DIYer, I'm just wary about doing any kind of maintenance when the system in question is most needed but I take your point. I'll save it for when we first start using the heating again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back