Boiler knocking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I'm looking for some advice on a knocking boiler. The boiler is most likely kettling I think.

Within a couple of mins the ideal classic ff380 begins kettling. The system was drained last year and the system water was clear. I've drained a bit off and still clear.

I still hear the kettling when the hot water comes on. Pump makes no difference but has to be on speed 3 as it is a 3 storey.

I'm thinking the heat exchanger is dirty and air bubbles possible the issue. Or maybe pump cavitation?

Is fernox the solution here? I assume the rads are the only easy way in so might wait until the autumn. The kettling should be ok until then?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If your system water is ok and you have ensured pump is ok, then introduce some "system silencer". Fernox or Sentinel produce it and is easily added direct to a rad and circulated to the boiler. I've used it many times with success.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back