Boiler light flashing low pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My CH system was drained and the rads removed when plastering about 2 months ago. They were replaced and the system filled back up. HW has been working ok since then, but I have hardly had to put the CH on until now.

Last night I put on an upstairs rad which had not been turned on until now and that seems to have messed it up...now the boiler clicks on but clicks off again a few minutes later with the light flashing to say there is insufficient pressure in the CH system. It then won't click back on for half an hour or so.

The actual boiler pressure is fine btw, between 1.5 and 2 bar, so it isn't that. I have been around and bled the rads and re-filled. It's a Ferolli Modena 80E if that helps.

Sponsored Links
Could be some muck blocking the pressure gauge hole and it is giving a false high reading. Could be an airlock. Could be a faulty pressure sensor.

Does the HW still work?

Don't really know these combis very well though so sorry reply is a bit vague :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back