Boiler noise when selected temperature reached?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone .....and a very good evening to you all.

Can someone advise me why our boiler starts to bang for about 4 times or so, when it stops firing and reaches the set temperature.

It doesn't do it when it fires up or during the heating cycle - only at the very end some water noises also appear present in the boiler at this time.

I was having more regular noises/ banging, at all points of the cycle, (advised it was possibly a scaled up heat exchanger /pipework) but ths has now stopped following partially draining down the sytem and putting X200 into the F&E tank.

It's just these several bangs at the end of the heating process that now remain. I have fully bled the system twice over the past 3 days following the dosing with X200 and all appears AOK with the rads etc. I have also turned the boiler thermostat down to 3 / 3.5 as an added measure but it remains the same.

Boiler is Glow Worm F100 - about 12 years old

Any advice / help on this would be very much appreciated. Regards and many thanks in advance.......Pete

Sponsored Links
I'm not familiar with this boiler per se but if it has a pump over-run stat I would suggest you check that it is keeping the pump running after the boiler has stopped. Theres often a wiring diagram inside the casing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back