boiler noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help, changed 5 radiators about 10 months ago, only last week the boiler started to make boiling noises not very loud, was due to have service in a month or so, called bgas out to do the service early, which they came and done the gas man said it was kettling to do with me changing the radiators and that i would have to drain all the system and flush through for a while due to a possible blockage , i did run some water through the little water tank when i changed the radiators, once the gasman finished the service the noise was a lot less and not so frequent. the boiler is only 4 year old. thanks iain

Sponsored Links
Did the bgas man set the boiler to a lower temperature after the service? This could account for the reduced noise since then?

V

Thanks for the reply don't think so the dial appears to be in the same place, he did check the pump and changes speeds he put it on a lower speed and the boiler cut out then on a higher speed 3 no noise then he left it on speed2. Thanks Iain

What make and model boiler is it and what type of system do you have?

Sponsored Links
Hi its potterton 508e I have 2 tanks in the loft 1 small and the other much bigger and a airing cupboard in the lobby, friend of mine told me to put in some silencer is this worth doing if so whats the best kind, many thanks for your help Iain

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back