Boiler not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, please help,
I have a Baxi Bermuda back boiler which stopped firing up yeaterday. Everything seemed fine..the pilot light is on, the thermostat seems fine. The only problem I found was the header tank in the attic was empty as the ball cock was stuck. I have now sorted that out so that is now full, but the boiler is still not firing. I can hear it click on when I turn the heating on, but the gas does not ignite.
Any suggestions? Thanks

Sponsored Links
could be airlocked. is the zone valve switching over fully. also check to see if there is a filter could be blocked

Nath

Thanks for reply,
Fiddled with valves in airing cupboard, the water is circulating fine, and the boiler clicks on, but then nothing. Think there must be an air lock i recon, and the boiler has maybe cut off as a result of the header tank running dry?

What age of bermuda is it? electronic or pilot?

Id be looking at a gas issue and RGI territory. Back boilers dont have any way of sensing flow so an airlock wouldnt stop it firing, it just wouldnt stay on long before boiler stat kicked it off again

Sponsored Links
Your advice is very helpful, thank you. It is a pilot model.

In which case there are no resets on these. If you can hear the boiler click like its wanting to fire up but isnt then i suggest getting a RGI to take a look as the fault involves gas work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back