Boiler not staying lit??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from this thread -

//www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/no-hot-water-alpha-ocean-240p.304836/

I cant't get the boiler to stay lit, its an alpha ocean 240P. Basically after doing the refurb of the valve I was reconnecting all the electrics, when I connected the two wires just above the ignitor switch, there was a sound like a relay/contactor dropping out and the pilot light went off (had been on throughout rest of work even with mains off)

So when I got it all buttoned up, re-pressurised etc I went to relight it, and discovered I can't. Followed all starting instruction everything to off, swith to HW only and it lights fine, then when I half let the button go the HW demand led goes out and the pilot goes to what you have normally when there's no demand, but when I let it go completely it goes out!!! :oops:

Any idea's guys??

cheers

Sponsored Links
Just had another look and it was modulating relay that I was connecting to when the pilot went off, bearing in mind the power was off?? possibly some kind of fail safe??

Its as if the coil is failing to pull in, hence only staying lit when i'm manually holding it in??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back