Boiler overheating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new Ferroli Maxima 35S bolier which is less than 6 months old. Earlier today it started to emit a loud banging noise followed by an emission of steam from the top. Ferroli have said that the boiler had overheated but are unable to give an explanation why. I was told to let it cool down and then press the reset button. All appears to be working fine. But I would be grateful if someone could explain why this happened. The system is not of the sealed type. The boiler is topped up from a header tank in the loft, so it was not running low on water.

Sponsored Links
If the manufacturers could not guess why it had overheated then we are not so likely to be able to either.

You have perhaps given a clue. Are you quite sure that your boiler is permitted to be installed on an open vented system?

Overheating is typically caused when the control system fails to operate either due to a fault or a lack of water flow or other critical system requirement.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back