BOILER PARTS and REPLACING QUERY?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Something I've been curious about for a while... (not that i'd probably ever have to be doing though) - I have changed various central heating components around my home over the past 5 or 6 years, such as a pump, a 3 port head and also a thermostatic radiator valve. These were all compression fitting type replacements and I did them all ok and knew what to do.

My point is, are boiler parts, all compression fitting-type and are they easish to replace (obviously once finding the faulty part first, etc). I now how a boiler operates within reason, I myself have a BAXI Solo HE and it is very good. I've never looked inside the casing myself and would never do that as it could be dangerous, being gas. Also I know you need to be CORGI Reg to touch the gas valve, etc and there are many tightness testing procedures that have to be followed for safety and correct operation reasons after installation and replacing certain parts.

Sorry for taking up your time, it's something I've been thinking about for a while after seeing BG ads on TV! :)

Sponsored Links
Compression along with soldered/braised are used in boilers but most popular at present is probably O rings and some sort of clips/clamps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back