boiler parts from ebay - are they copies? can the quality be trusted? BAXI diverter valve

Which one would you buy?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Baxi Main Eco Elite needs a new diverter cartridge. The manufacturers part costs between £50 and £60

However, the same part number is selling for £11 to £13 on ebay

You can even get it with the motor thrown in for ~£22!

There must be a catch surely??!? I assume the ebay part must be a copy. Is it worth punting for the the ebay part?

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Read the reviews...but you can get 3 or 4 of them for the same as one "real" one.

I say real as I had a set of boiler insulation panels delivered as OEM which turned out to be not made in England as stated on the website but made in China's it said on the box...the manufacturer's appointed parts supplied said this was as good as but did refund the £116 difference between the ebay version and the oem exactly the same one...so you have to ask where was the english manufacturer of boilers getting their parts from ?

"Real" LOL. Whether you buy the indecently marked up ones from the manufacturer or the cheapos from Ebay they are all made in a sweatshop in China.

Sponsored Links
@Nige F - thanks for voting - but the consensus was buy it off fleabay.. you voted for the original part. Have you had a bad experience with the cheap versions?

For my occasional amusement, and out of curiosity, I sometimes attempt to track down some of these expensive items which they advertise on TV, from the factory making them in China. Some of the markups are truly ridiculous. One particular item, which was really hammered on TV, sold for £350. I managed to track the item down to the source, which sold the original item for £35 delivered.

Wouldn’t bother me, if it lasts ok as others. Quite possibly the same part.

Saw a video about an aftermarket car part the other day - clearly showed where the VAG part number had been scraped off. But obviously this isn't always the case. I bought an aftermarket led mirror indicator for my VW Touran last week - complete crap - it works, but the pins were so flimsy I had real trouble plugging the connector in and one of the lugs that's supposed to take a fixing screw just had a big hole in it. Needed it for mot otherwise it would have gone straight back.

Bought a refurbished fan for my ideal classic last year, £45 vs the hundreds for a real one - pretty poor (I think as people on here said it would be) the cooling fins made a bit of noise till whatever was rubbing wore away and now the bearings a bit noisy - found another eBay seller who sell just the bearing for about £5 so might try that next time it packs up.

If I'm fitting myself I'll often chance cheap parts but if paying someone it can be false economy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back