Boiler placement...can it go here?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am sorry if this is on another thread - i've done a search and cant find the answer...

I want to create a small downstairs toilet for my mum to use as she cant manage stairs anymore. I have a place in mind, but the area currently has a wall mounted boiler (this will soon be updated and replaced). I was wondering if it would be possible to have a toilet/basin in the same area? I could get the new boiler boxed in. Is there a minimum space between boiler/wc/basin?

All help greatly appreciated.

Hx

Sponsored Links
I think the only isue is stopping wet fingers getting into the boiler and its controls.

Can be solved with a padlock on the control panel door.

I'm sure others will have differing views on boiler location though. :)

:D
Would hope my mum wouldn't mistake the boiler for a handtowel and try drying her hands on it... she's batty but not that batty!

I was thinking of using one of those twisty lock star key type things (if you know what I mean) to keep the cupboard it would be boxed in locked.

Sponsored Links
Unashamed bounce... Really would appreciate advice from those in the 'know'. Dont want to waste plumbers time coming to house if it's against building regs etc.

Hx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back