Boiler pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a standard gas boiler with 2 circuits, 1 running central heating and 1 running to the hot water cylinder. My question relates to the pressure of the system. I can charge the system using the filling loop to over 1 bar and during the course of the heating cycle this increases. A couple of days later the pressure has dropped right down and if I recharge it it falls again. I have recently moved house and my old combi boiler did not behave like this. Is this normal for this type of boiler or do I have a problem somewhere?

Sponsored Links
Either, water leak, pressure relief valve passing or expansion vsl needs re-charged or replaced.

Martin

Does anyone know if this would affect the amount of gas used as our consumption has gone through the roof. Not in-keeping with the amount we have used the heating.

I dont think it would maybe you have a gas leak aswell regared the loss of pressure what boiler do you have ? is it a condenser as i had to replace a heat exchanger because it was leaking in there

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know if this would affect the amount of gas used as our consumption has gone through the roof. Not in-keeping with the amount we have used the heating.

No chance. Compare your bills this year to last year on a Gas Consumption basis. You will probobly have used less.

NOW... look at the charges on what your using. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back