Boiler Problem - Myson Apollo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Moved into a new house for a year.

I have a myson apollo. How do I know how old it is?

Not much written on the boiler itself,
V4700E 1007 1
2201240V
80 mbar

4 months ago, the boiler would not switch on although you could hear the pump running.

Someone came to check, told me the problem was with the solenoid (I think) that kept the standby flame on...you know the little flame you can see when the boiler is off. Anyway things seem to work alright.

Now for the past week, something wrong is brewing I can feel.

The boiler is making rather unhealthy vibrating noises when in use.

3 times this week, the boiler again would not come on when I press the switch. The standby flame had gone out.

What I've had to do is again re-ignite the little standby flame (by pressing the gas button and the re-ignition switch a few times). I hope I am making sense with my non technical jargon.

What is wrong guys?

Patrick

Sponsored Links
Well,

making a little bit more sense.

I assume what was replaced was the thermocouple.

What I have noticed when trying to re-ignite the pilot light, there seems to be sparks flying from the white lead (that I assume connects the black ignition switch to the thermocouple). Is that a short-circuit?

Anyway, by pushing this lead a bit further away with a bit of tissue paper (which I think might be insulating it from the copper rod nearby) the pilot light does switch on.

The question, is will the same problem happen again tomorrow as it did yesterday and the day before. I.e. the ignition light goes off again.

Can't be the thermocouple, only been replaced less than 2 months ago.

What are the other things that could be wrong.

Hence why I'm also asking about how old my boiler could be i.e. spare parts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back