boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
got a vokera excell 80 sp. when you put on heating or hot water just get a clicking noise although the switch is stuck just keeps clicking. fitted a new microswitch but it is just doing the same. anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Dont know which switch is sticking so I cannot start to offer any suggestions.

It would be helpful to know exactly what is clicking! Pump or PCB relay?

If you are unable to detect which part is "clicking" I dont think I for one can help you any further.

Tony

when you push the button to switch the heating on there is just a clicking noise like a switch is stuck and it just keeps going was suggested it was a microswitch but is still doing the same

Sponsored Links
Get a heating engineer (not a plumber) in. Ensure he is familiar with this boiler. Alternatively, call Vokera for recomended engineer in your area.

Your post would suggest you are not knowledgeable on Excel sequence of operation, therefore, for you to carry out repairs will be a little difficult. One needs tools and instruments like multimeter, U gauge, spanners and long reach screwdrivers just for staters. After this you (who can look at the boiler and identify parts) need to provide information to someone on a site like this to make sense of what you see. He or she then suggests to you what to look for, test/ try and post back for next set of instructions.

If you can do this then fire away. Clicking that you hear- where is it coming from and at what point in operate sequence? Is it coming from the boiler or the timer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back