Boiler problems

Sponsored Links
Do I read that the 'Canister' (actually an Air Separator or Aerjec) is/was definitely blocked?

You could try placing a magnet on it, (a fridge type will do, not one of those 'Tom&Jerry ACME cartoon types), if it is attracted to it, and copper is NOT a magnetic material, it would indicate that a lot of magnetite - goggle it - has solidified in the canister, causing a circulation issue.

If so, cutting it out/re-piping is the only realistic option, and, you may well still need a replacement pump if the motor is burning out/impellor housing is also sludged up.

DH

That's right. Gas engineer cut it out and ran a hose and no water came through one of the pipes. Got a rod in there then flushed it all through ok.

if you have cleaned the air seperator (tin can) then I would look towards a weak pump

From the info I've given, is the pump installed the right way up? And does it's external temperature (ie too hot to touch) give any indication it's playing up?

If I were to replace it, should I go for a Grundfos?

For heavens sake, read the FAQ on this site about pump problems!

A hot pump usually indicates a stuck pump but that takes two minutes to check when you have reads the FAQ !

Tony

Sponsored Links
Can anyone tell whether the pump is installed the correct way up? I have no idea which way my system flows unfortunately.

Ideally, that aerator should be lowered / re-piped closer to the pump (which is installed correctly from your 3rd pic).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back