Boiler & pump running constantly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Prima 50B for my hot water & heating. When the controller is set for the water and heating to be on it works OK and controls off the room and cylinder thermostats. When the controller is set for the water/heating to be off the boiler keeps running and the water gets very hot, the heating pump also runs. The only way that I can control the heating at present is to keep it on all of the time and turn down the room thermostat ot switch the system off at the mains.

Sponsored Links
do you have 1 or 2 motorised valves - I think your prob would be in that area.

Sponsored Links
As long as there is power the hot water light on the motorised valve stays on. If I run the heating the pump will not stop running, even when the heating light on the motorised valave is not lit. To stop the heating pump running I have to switch off all of the power, it then stays off on restart if the thermostat is set low.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back