central heating pump on combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a combi boiler central heating system. It is controlled by a wireless digital room thermostat. I have the system set on constant, the stat controls temp OK. When room temp is reached the boiler switches off OK as heat is no longer called for, the pump runs for a short while after switch off. The rads then cool down until the room stat detects sufficient temp drop and then switches boiler on to call for heat. My query is should the pump keep running to circulate the hot water in the rads to maintain some sort of constant temp after the boiler switches off?. My system is fully maintained and serviced by gas safe engineers. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sponsored Links
The system is working fine....the pump keeps running for a while so as not to trip any overheat stats on the boiler.
After that, the water would be so cool that there wouldn't be any point circulating it.
John :)

as above your boiler incorporates a pump over run stat which when the demand for heat ceases the pump will continue to run to protect your boiler from sudden heat shock when all the heat in the boiler would suddenly go to the highest point in the boiler with the potential to cause damage, some are on a timer and some are temperature controlled either way you cant adjust the time , your boiler is functioning as designed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back