Connecting a roomstat to combi boiler controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a combi, heating a small single storey cottage. All rads have TRVs. When the rooms are up to temp, the boiler and pump switches off. When rooms cool down again the system does not sense this and does not fire-up again (seems to have gone to sleep!).
My theory is that the cool water is not being circulated back to the boiler because the pump is not running, so the boiler does not sense the demand for heat.
Surely I need a room stat connected to the pump via controller, which would then switch the pump on when the temp dropped, thus allowing the boiler thermostat to sense the need for heat?
If this is what is needed please advise how to connect to Worcester combi controller.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, but as I am not familiar with the shorthand like "block", please explain in laymans terms.
I presume your instructions apply to connections (terminals?) in the controller --- how do I get into the controller? !!

Hey! this is very much appreciated. I really did not expect to get help like this. Thankyou
Whatever is easier for you. If its short than type it, but if you can send the book then that would be great. My email: [email protected]

Many thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back