Boiler Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a heat only boiler, cylinder and programmer and have a few questions.

If i time my heating to come on and not hot water, it comes on anyway and vice versa if the other way around. Is this normal behaviour because the boiler is on anyway?

Also, when heating the tank only it heats the radiator in the bedroom after it finishes with the cylinder. Is the boiler using it to dump excess heat? Its an ideal isar or icos he18

Also what does the temperature on the front of the boiler get used for? Should it be a certain settings?

cheers

Sponsored Links
It's an icos he18, I will go to the programmer and turn off the hot water heating and leave ch on to test. Will also try it the other way around too. Is this a good way of testing for issues? when i said above "it comes on anyway" I mean the programmer light for HW and CH both come on. It's almost as if the programmer is telling it to switch on. I will do as i said above and post back.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You need to check the 3 port valve or the 2 port valves before anything else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back