Heating and water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I have a ICOS HE18
System ,I recently had a leaking radiator ,which was changed ,then the boiler was serviced , shortly after this when you turn the water on to heat up the heating also comes on .
And ideas on what's wrong or if it needs reprogramming ,or a faulty board

Regards Paul

Sponsored Links
It'll be a problem with your system rather than your boiler. There will most likely be a three-port valve that needs changing

The zone valve may have been latched in the manual position and left there after the system was refilled. Try turning the heating on for a minute and then off again and see if that fixes your problem. If not, as suggested it may require some work on your valve.

I tried the control panel, when you press the radiator switch ,it does not fire the boiler ,but the boiler fires when you press the hot water switch but both the radiators and water come on ,I've also noticed the water is not very hot now .
Would this still be the valve ? And would you know how much this work should cost me ,thank you

Regards Paul

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back