Boiler Replacement - Preparations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm replacing an old and gradually failing Vokera boiler with a Vaillant 831 in a couple of weeks time and wanted to seek advice on any preparatory work that you think would be advisable.

The system is plumbed entirely in Hep2O apart from the radiator tails. Six of the radiators are of unknown age - although I'm presuming they are the same age as the Vokera boiler which was installed in 1999. The remaining two radiators and two towel rails are three years old.

The system was power flushed three years ago (before the new bits were added), and has Sentinel X100 inhibitor.

Do I need to powerflush again, or will putting in something like X400 a couple of weeks before the change be adequate?

Do you think I should replace the ageing radiators? They are cosmetically sound.

Thanks,

Steve

Sponsored Links
Stick a bottle fernox F3 in, and tell the installer it still needs coming out before he starts

Make sure your installers put in a system filter e.g magnaclean

Sponsored Links
Hi

The kit is:-

Vaillant Ecotec Plus 831
Vaillant VRC 430
Magnaclean Professional 22mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back