Boiler Replacement. Which should I choose?

Agile said:
I thought that you should first fill from one side only and vent air from the nipple at the top of the HE ?

I also thought they automatically went into the purge mode when first powered?

Tony

Tony, If it is an 800 series then the 'perfect' way to fill it is to set 'P 6' first, this activates digital manometer on display and also sets diverter in 'mid' position.

once system is filled and basic rad venting has been done switch off mains, switch back on whilst holding + & - buttons and when 'P 0' is shown selct this. Boiler will purge rad side first then water side second.

Unfortunatley it does not auto select this on power up. The only auto air vent on these is above/behind pump.

Sponsored Links
d4n said:
I realize that I won't be saving money due to the capital cost involved.

I currently have a 18 year old Ideal with a nackered thermostat. So when it's on it's ON. We've spent £400 over the last year in repair bills. but the real reason for the change is to remove all the storage tanks and free up the cupboard in my daughters bedroom. due to rise in house prices that 2' x 3' space is worth over £3k :) we also need to get rid of the storage tanks in the loft.

That's fine you have good reasons for your change and have made an informed choice.

I think considering the future circumstances that is the sort of power level to aim for, better for you than the storage combis which run out of steam before you want them to in extreme circumstances. If there is a chance of two point demand simultaneous have the sio valve on cold feed throttled down to 16 litres a minute.

Make sure you get a really good gas supply, and maybe get a really good installer who can judge whether he needs to call Service provider to renew meter gosvenor or depending on diversity factors upgrade your meter. A proper cleaning regime to follow and personally I like top fit a magnetic filter on the return pipe, finding the Magnaclean easiest type to maintain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back