|Boiler setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had some minor work on my boiler done, while talking to the engineer he said I should run the boiler control at it's max setting of 6.
Previously I was running at around 3.5-4 out of the 6 settings on the dial.

He reckons as the boiler runs hotter, this is more efficient and much to my suprise apparently does not use any more gas?

A general question, but I have a gas stelrad mexico 2 boiler if that makes any difference.

Any thoughts as to the optimal settings to run boilers at?

Sponsored Links
more efficient ? hes joking aint he, it will kill your stat and running it on max will increase your temp but its not a good idea. Your boiler stat should be ran on 3 or 4 that is what my customers use!

more efficient ... whats that about.... :rolleyes:

Went over that with some manufacturer a while ago. When they say efficient they mean more output! Pretty obviously a boiler will be more efficient at getting all the heat into the water when the flame to water temp difference is greatest - Ie when water is cooler, ie when stat is turned down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back