boiler/shower advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought flat and combi boiler is on last legs. No option but to go for new combi (nowhere to site tanks). Smallish 2 bed ground floor flat. Any recommendations on combi boilers?
Have existing electric shower fitted over bath. This is also on last legs. Would it be better to replace with new electric shower or abandon this and run a shower direct from combi. ?
Appreciate any advice.

Sponsored Links
Always size combi for your hot water needs, ignore heating requirements in your case. I suggest around 30Kw combi. I never install 24kw as baths take too long to fill in mid winter, unless you only ever have showers. 24 Kw is only around £50/60 cheaper anyway. Here I go again, fit a Vaillant Ecotec plus 831 and on commissioning set the rad output to a max of around 11/12 Kw (approx guess for your flat). This way your heating curve will help boiler condense to maximum.

Up to you if keeping electric shower. Good thermostatic mixer off combi is ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back